One of the missions of CIRTN-R2FIC is to enhance mentorship and trainee career development in the network. Related resources, upcoming events, and current job opportunities can be found below.
The CIRTN-R2FIC Mentorship Working Group was established in March of 2021. If you are interested in joining or volunteering for a mentorship initiative, please contact Mathieu Ferron.
- EASD Annual Meeting (virtual): September 19-23, 2022
- Till & McCulloch Meeting (TMM): October 3-5, 2022
- Alberta Diabetes Institute Research Day: October 28, 2022
- CIRTN National Meeting: November 8-9, 2022
- Diabetes Canada/CSEM Conference: November 9-12, 2022
- Vancouver Diabetes Research Day: November 17, 2022
- DREAM Annual Symposium: November 30-December 1, 2022
- IRCM Early-Career Scientist Seminar Series (ECS3): Early 2023
- Alberta-BC Islet Workshop: February 15-16, 2023
- Crossroads Interdisciplinary Health Research Conference: March 10-11, 2023
- University of Alberta Career Center Seminars: These free seminars give you the basic information you need to prepare your work search tools, strengthen your LinkedIn profile, succeed at career fairs, and look for work.
- Postdoctoral Fellow – University of Montreal Hospital Research Center
- Postdoctoral fellows: IRCM Early-Career Scientist Seminar Series (ECS3)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology – University of Toronto
- Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy – University of Waterloo
- Post-doctoral Researcher: Greg Korbutt and Andrew Pepper labs
Mentorship Working Group Members
Mathieu Ferron (Chair)
Faculty, Carleton University
Faculty, University of Alberta
Graduate Student, University of Manitoba