Nominations are now open for the CIRTN-R2FIC Mentorship Awards!
Two exceptional CIRTN-R2FIC members will be recognized at the National Meeting for their outstanding contributions to mentorship and training in the Network over the past year. All CIRTN-R2FIC members are encouraged to submit nominations for the awards, and there is no limit to the number of nominations a member may submit.
Submit your nominations for the Mentorship Awards using this form.
Deadline for submitting nominations is September 29, 2022. Award winners will be notified of decision in early October.
The CIRTN-R2FIC Principal Investigator Mentorship Award
- Sponsored by the Alberta Diabetes Institute
- Awarded to a PI from the Network who has demonstrated exemplary trainee mentorship
- The winning PI will receive complimentary travel and accommodation for the CIRTN-R2FIC National Meeting, and be given the opportunity to present a mentorship lecture on Day 1 of the meeting
The CIRTN-R2FIC Researcher Mentorship Award
- Sponsored by CRCHUM
- Awarded to a member of the CIRTN-R2FIC Network who is not a PI (graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, research associate, technical staff) who has demonstrated exemplary contributions to trainee mentorship
- The winner will receive a $1000 honorarium, a certificate and title to include in their CV, and be recognized during Day 1 of the meeting
Each nominee should have a track record of exemplary mentorship. For example, they should:
- Foster a supportive research environment
- Support mentees in developing skills necessary for pursuing their career paths
- Encourage the intellectual, creative, and professional growth of mentees
- Facilitate mentee opportunities and successes (eg. through publications, research talks, leadership roles, public outreach)
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusivity in the research community
- Both the nominee and the nominator must be CIRTN-R2FIC members
- The nominator does not need to attend the CIRTN-R2FIC National Meeting in order to submit a nomination
- The winner of the PI Award must attend the CIRTN-R2FIC National Meeting
- The winner of the non-PI Award is not required to attend the CIRTN-R2FIC National Meeting
- Nominations should be from a single individual, however multiple individuals can nominate the same nominee. Multiple nominations will be considered together in the selection process.
- Non-PIs are permitted to nominate themselves
- PIs are not permitted to nominate themselves
- Nominees cannot serve on the selection committee.